- Barely got a chance to get WordPress up, and Mike Commodore goes and knocks one in, 0:32 in.
- Hopefully we keep this momentum going.
- Burish vs Dorsett. Good scrap!
- Very good pressure in the first five minutes. Can we have this kind of hockey all the time? Good energy, good pressure, early goal, everyone standing up.
- So far, Brass and Voracek look AWESOME.
- Look at all of the defensemen being offensive today. What’ve you guys been working on in practice, eh?
- I don’t understand how Seabrook didn’t get penalized for jumping Dorsett…?
- 2-0 HUSELIUS!
- Where has this team been all year?! What happened in the 45 hours since they left NJ? Seriously, who is this?
- 3:50 to go in the first, hits are 11-2 Jackets.
- Second period game on!
- Boooo, Versteeg, 2-1, 2:15 in.
- 3-1! Good persistence keeping the puck on the net, goal by Stralman, I think? Hus might’ve tipped it.
- Yep, Huselius.
- …and they changed it back. OH WELL. A SWEDISH GUY.
- VORACEK PENALTY SHOT!
- SCOOOOORE! First one of his career! 4-1!!
- Intense, intense, intense.
- VERY VERY NICE GOAL by Vermette! 5-1! That didn’t look like it’d go in, but it did!
- 6-1!!! WEIGHTY!!!! <3 ILU.
- 7-1 VERMETTE!
- This game is too awesome for me to live blog appropriately. There’s nothing to make fun of!
- 8-1!!!! BLUNDEN’S FIRST CAREER GOAL
- 8-3 final.
- Straight out of the horse’s (@BlueJacketsNHL) mouth: Starters- 20-50-61, 10-22 and Mason.
- Game on!
- Paetsch is the only scratch. I’m not sorry to see that.
- 18:49 – look at Weighty getting another big shot on net.
- Brodeur’s going to cover up every shot tonight, isn’t he? It’s going to be a 3 hour game, I can feel it.
- Bill Davidge Miami Reference #1
- Oh, Jamie Langenbrunner, my first hockey love, how it pains me to see you in that hideous Devils jersey.
- 14:21 – BIG SAVE by Brodeur, nice chance there for the CBJ.
- Mark my words, Vermette’s gonna get one. He looks hungry tonight.
- Rick Nash, way to puckhog and go offsides.
- Look at Murray stickhandling like the BAMF he is.
- DAMN IT, Brodeur, damn you for being Martin Brodeur. Damn it.
- Rick Nash is an initarator! Says Bill Davidge.
- And Kovalchuk. I feel like the Devils are trying to horde all of my mid-teens hockey loves. What’s next, Klesla? Zetterberg? (Ouch. Shameful admission.)
- NJ 1-0 (Parise, 6:59). PPG. Ugh.
- Can we get him on our team?
- Let’s go ahead and stop with the penalties, thanks.
- I feel like our PK is a blink away from being a car crash.
- End of the first, 1-0 NJ.
- 2-0 NJ (Martin, 18:46). PPG.
- ENOUGH with the penalties, boys.
- SCORE!!! ANTOINE VERMETTE. I TOLD YOOOOU. 2-1!
- NO MORE PENALTIES. NONE. ZERO. ENOUGH OF THIS. Brassard, I am looking at you.
- Good almost SH breakaway…
- Wow, McAmmond, what a douchebag, Blundy didn’t want your silly ass.
- LINE BRAWL!!!!
- Ohh, see-ya McAmmond.
- C’mon, boys, let’s get one here! 0:54 of 5 on 3.
- Or not. Huselius to the box. I HATE you.
- Rimmer with a Miami-drop! :p
- 3-1 NJ. Kovalchuk PPG.
- Come on, Boller. Fight. Don’t get your ass whipped.
- Okay. Or don’t do much of anything.
- 4-1 NJ. No words for that. Even strength, at least.
- …wow, okay. 5-1.
- 5-2! Voracek, nice goal.
- Boll left, won’t return.
- 5-3 Jackets… goal to Huselius.
- Slow here, ’cause I’m cooking…
- 6-3 final. My chili was much better than that game.
Quick comparison of all of the “major” players on this year’s team, the gray-highlighted line is this year’s production, second is last year, the gray line is the change in production of this year from last year. The yellow boxes are guys who have improved over last year’s totals. I realize there are still 10(ish) games left to play, so numbers will change, but I’ll update final totals at that point.
– Dorsett is starting the game on the top line with Vermette & Huselius. Good on you, Dorse.
– Chelios is 29 years older than his linemate, Zach Bogosian.
– 3:30 in, good pressure by the Jackets.
– Actually really liking that top line, they had some solid opportunities there.
– Hahaha, Antropov, just because JBoll checked Enstrom, doesn’t mean you need to be a tool. Thanks for the powerplay!
– Stralman is a total failure on the point. Why is he still the priority here? He can’t keep the puck in the zone to save his life.
– Dear Huselius, pass.
– THANK YOU. Score! 1-0 Jackets! Umberger from Huselius & Tyutin.
– Double thank you to Nik Antropov for that PP!
– Boll and Clark with some good offensive pressure there. Like to see those two playing deep in the ATL end.
– I really, really like watching Garon play. He doesn’t get discouraged. He doesn’t mind flailing around when there’s a flurry. Sure, he gets beat sometimes, but he seems to be good at controlling rebounds and being aware. Whereas Mase gives up on a play so easily. He makes the fancy stops, but it’s the little things he struggles with.
– Be smart, little Dorse, don’t let Kozlov make you lose your shit.
– I really dislike Antropov right now.
– The flow of this game is incredible. Only four faceoffs so far (one being the opening drop, one following the goal), with just over 5:00 to go in the fist.
– Something like ten minutes of continuous play there. Love it!
– Second power play not so pretty.
– THAT was a nice goal! The dirty ones down low, I’ll take it! 2-0 Jackets!
– Dorsett with points in back to back games. Looking good lately with more responsibility/ice time.
– Getttting chippy.
– Antropov is a massive douchebag. JBoll is gonna mess him up.
– End of the second: Umberger leads the team with 6 shots on goal; Marc Methot has 5 hits and Russell, Blunden, and Boll are tied with 3 apiece; Antoine Vermette is 8 for 8 on faceoffs tonight; as a team they are 74% on faceoffs; through two periods, Kris Russell leads the team with 13:51 of icetime, Umberger leads the forwards with 13:49.
- Good hustle by Jake!
– Good wheels by Brass, love to see him persisting.
– Yeah, this period’s a little boring, too.
– Everything I said about it being boring, I recind in the final two minutes of the period. Jackets hold on for a 2-1 win.
Final Stat Rundown
– Marc Methot led all players with 7 hits. Russell second with 4.
– Max Mayorov only had 5 shifts all game. 0 in the 3rd.
– Vermette went 13-7 on faceoffs, as a team they were 56%. Considerable decrease in the third period. That = more opportnities for Atlanta.
– Antoine Vermette led all players with 23:20 of icetime. Tyutin, as usual, led the d squad with 20:51.
– Derek Dorsett had 17:31 of ice time. That has to be a season (career?) high for him. Increased responsibility looks good on him.
- Hip, hip, hooray! “@tomba19: #CBJ Kristian Huselius (hand) has been scratched for tonight’s game”
– “Rick Nash has struggled since coming back from the Olympics.” Hey, maybe if he practiced. And actually played when he showed up.
– “Indoors here at the Staples Center.” Yeah, because we thought this might be an outdoor venue in SoCal.
– GAME ON!
– Rick Nash is slow. Not that this is news, but Russ was a good 10′ behind him and beat him to the net.
– First shot of the game credited to Vermette.
– Well, shit. Hey Fedor Tyutin play DEFENSE?! Perhaps?!
– Our offense is a clusterfuck tonight.
– I will say it again, Fedor Tyutin? DEFENSE?!
– I did not say Fedor Tyutin take a penalty.
– Whoa, nice shorthanded flurry there, too bad Vermette lost control of it.
– Stralman on PK makes me want to regurgitate my tasty dinner. I hope I saw that incorrectly.
– Nope, I didn’t see that wrong.
– Pahlsson is 3/3 in the faceoff circle tonight, with 8:17 to go in the first.
– Davidge just Miami-dropped! 12:10 into the game. Zatkoff, not Boyle.
– Good push by Jake.
– Um, Drew Doughboy, don’t eat the puck. 2-0 LA.
– For fuck’s sake, boys, stay out of the box!
– LOCK RICK NASH IN THE BOX!
– …fail. 3-0.
– LOL. 4-0. Yep. Thanks for nothing, Mason.
– Garon in, 4:41 to go in the first.
– First period stats: 3 shots on goal (3 missed, 3 blocked); Blunden had 4 hits before his penalty (team hits: 14); Vermette is 3 of 10 in the dot, Pahlsson 3 of 4.
– 5-0, and I’m putting the liveblog to bed. And myself.
- This funky lighting is balls.
- Methot/Hejda: let’s see how long they can last before they’re in the minus on the night.
- I approve of Mason’s new helmet, and the “MASE” plate is much nicer than that very juvenile font it was in before. I judge you if you use ugly fonts. Also I’m glad it’s the “old” plate, and not the yeehaw farm plates we have now. (Dear ODOT, some of us live in cities.)
- Hey, Marc Methot remembered how to be physical! A+ fella.
- LOL, Huselis, why do you even exist?
- Aw, Staubitz wants to destroy Jared Boll’s face.
- As usual, Jared Boll gets his face clobbered in. But at least he actually landed a few himself.
- Derek Dorsett, I heart you.
- Kris Russell did his dipsydoodle on Joe Thornton, and Joe was like, “I’m too old for this shit!”
- Ooh, a new Davidgeism: “As hot as it gets.”
- 6 minutes in, and Kris Russell and Jan Hejda are tied with two hits apiece.
- Hahaha, poor Brass, his parents went on the road trip without him.
- Ohh, look, we had control of the puck in San Jose’s zone. For approximately six seconds.
- Almost ten minutes in, we’re being outshot 7-1. Our one shot: Michael Blunden, the dentally-challenged call-up.
- Shot #2 belongs to Andrew Murray.
- Uh, did Rick Nash take an optional?
- Do we really care about the Agnew family’s birthday situation?
- “That puck gets away from Rick Nash.” … I don’t even need to say anything.
- Kris Russell has his eyes on Dany Heatley tonight. He wants to fuck some Shark shit up.
- How in the motherfuck did that not get called?! Staubitz, you’re a douchebag.
- “That guy is a Sean Avery level tool.” – @aka_elvis on Staubitz.
- This PP makes me want to vomit. Guys, I just gagged.
- I’m all about this increased responsibility but Jared Boll on the PP? Uh, no.
- First Period CBJ stars: Andrew Murray & Mike Blunden.
- First Period miscellany: Anton Stralman had two giveaways; only Andrew Murray (1 for 1) is above 50% in the faceoff dot; hits are in SJ favor 15-14; Dorsett leads Jackets with 3 hits; team was outshot 13-5 – three of which were by defensemen.
- SCORE! ANDREW MURRAY! Hell of a play by Umberger to set him up!
- Every time Derek Dorsett runs his mouth with a smirk on his face, an angel gets its wings.
- Momentum in the CBJ favor now.
- Did somebody just to ride Russell like a pony?
- Memo to Claude Noel: Please keep Weighty on a line with Jake and RJ. Thanks.
- Sammy Pahlsson is 0/4 on the dot tonight, bad bad bad.
- “As good as it gets” count: 1. That can’t be right.
- “They’re looking at things going to the net.” Preferrably themselves and the puck?!
- Good penalty, it was worth it. I said it first.
- I wonder where Dan Boyle went to college? I wish Davidge would tell me.
- Hell of a block by Vermette. Good on you, boy. Whoa, Nash too! Second period must have been mandatory!
- Joe Thornton, you don’t scare all 5’4″, 95 pounds of Kris Russell. You’ve lost your touch. Beotch.
- Russ is up to 4 hits on the night, leading the team w/6:34 to go in the second. I’m predicting 6 for Lil Shake.
- ANDREW MURRAY I LOVE YOU.
- Also fond of the 11-26-15 line tonight.
- Good net presence on the PK.
- You can see the sweat seeping through the Sharks’ jerseys. Sexy.
- Second Period Star: Andrew Murray, undoubtedly.
- 60 Minute Stats: Russell/Pahlsson each have four hits; 12 blocked shots by the team; Murray is 3 for 4 on faceoffs – still the only player above 50%; Blunden and Murray each have 3 shots; Anton Stralman leads the team with 14:09 of ice time; Mike Commodore led the team with 8:43 in the second period.
- THIRD PERIOD!
- Steve Mason must have mono again, he looks like he did last year.
- ARE YOU KIDDING ME, whoaaaaaa, thank goodness for Steve Mason spreading his legs! (That’s what she said.)
- Daaaaaamn it. PPG for San Jose. Take a flying leap, Heatley.
- Ah, bonehead penalty by Mike Commodore, followed by the mouth running. Ladies and gentlemen, Mike Commodore is officially back.
- Dorsett with 5 hits now, Murray/Umberger 4 shots apiece. Midway through the third.
- Rick Nash has 0 hits. 0 shots. 2 giveaways.
- What a load of shit penalty, thanks Joe Thornton for shoving Jan Hejda.
- Awesome, time for Toronto to fuck us over like the referees are…
- …whoa, really?
- Huselius is soft.
- DAMMIT. >:O
- Joe Thornton is the biggest fucking bitch on the ice. Could you cry a little more? Did Sidney Crosby teach you that pussy shit in the Olympics?
- Aw, you got a penalty, Sharks! Imagine that.
- Piss poor third period. I mean, not really, but like… shit for luck, stupid penalties, ugh.
- Ending stats: 37 hits by the team (5 each by Dorsett and Methot) – 36 by SJ; 22 total SOG; all regular centremen ended up 50% or better – Murray was 6 of 9 for 67%; Mason made 42 stops; Jan Hejda had 4 blocked shots (17 by the team); in 19:49, all Rick Nash did on the scoresheet was commit two turnovers and lose a faceoff.
- Final score: San Jose 2, CBJ 1.