- Starters: A. Vermette-S. Pahlsson-D. Dorsett; M. Methot- J. Wisniewski; C. Sanford
- Scratches: A. Johnson, D. Brassard, S. Mason
- Breaking glass, already. The game hasn’t even started.
- There are not words for my dislike of the fourth line of Bass-MacKenzie-Boll. Useless, talentless waste of roster space.
- On the other hand, I do really like the Umberger-Letestu-Johansen line, and I really do not want to see Kristian Huselius take a dump on it.
- Jackets to the PP at 5:12. Spent too much time chasing the puck around their own zone to start. FSO says the Devils have the #1 PK, so this isn’t really conducive to anything good happening. Love the effort on the loose puck in the paint. Damn that Brodeur.
- Not even midway through the first, Johansen has 3 SOG.
- Dorse gets dumped onto the bench. Kind of hilarious. Dorse disagrees.
- Jackets to the PK. Little hot potato, but Sanford comes through with the agility.
- NICE one on one hipcheck by Marc Methot to throw the Devil out of the path of the goal.
- What a boring first period. Devils lead 11-9 in shots.