- Dorsett is starting the game on the top line with Vermette & Huselius. Good on you, Dorse.
- Chelios is 29 years older than his linemate, Zach Bogosian.
- 3:30 in, good pressure by the Jackets.
- Actually really liking that top line, they had some solid opportunities there.
- Hahaha, Antropov, just because JBoll checked Enstrom, doesn’t mean you need to be a tool. Thanks for the powerplay!
- Stralman is a total failure on the point. Why is he still the priority here? He can’t keep the puck in the zone to save his life.
- Dear Huselius, pass.
- THANK YOU. Score! 1-0 Jackets! Umberger from Huselius & Tyutin.
- Double thank you to Nik Antropov for that PP!
- Boll and Clark with some good offensive pressure there. Like to see those two playing deep in the ATL end.
- I really, really like watching Garon play. He doesn’t get discouraged. He doesn’t mind flailing around when there’s a flurry. Sure, he gets beat sometimes, but he seems to be good at controlling rebounds and being aware. Whereas Mase gives up on a play so easily. He makes the fancy stops, but it’s the little things he struggles with.
- Be smart, little Dorse, don’t let Kozlov make you lose your shit.
- I really dislike Antropov right now.
- The flow of this game is incredible. Only four faceoffs so far (one being the opening drop, one following the goal), with just over 5:00 to go in the fist.
- Something like ten minutes of continuous play there. Love it!
- Second power play not so pretty.
- THAT was a nice goal! The dirty ones down low, I’ll take it! 2-0 Jackets!
- Dorsett with points in back to back games. Looking good lately with more responsibility/ice time.
- Getttting chippy.
- Antropov is a massive douchebag. JBoll is gonna mess him up.
- End of the second: Umberger leads the team with 6 shots on goal; Marc Methot has 5 hits and Russell, Blunden, and Boll are tied with 3 apiece; Antoine Vermette is 8 for 8 on faceoffs tonight; as a team they are 74% on faceoffs; through two periods, Kris Russell leads the team with 13:51 of icetime, Umberger leads the forwards with 13:49.
- Good hustle by Jake!
- Good wheels by Brass, love to see him persisting.
- Yeah, this period’s a little boring, too.
- Everything I said about it being boring, I recind in the final two minutes of the period. Jackets hold on for a 2-1 win.
Final Stat Rundown
- Marc Methot led all players with 7 hits. Russell second with 4.
- Max Mayorov only had 5 shifts all game. 0 in the 3rd.
- Vermette went 13-7 on faceoffs, as a team they were 56%. Considerable decrease in the third period. That = more opportnities for Atlanta.
- Antoine Vermette led all players with 23:20 of icetime. Tyutin, as usual, led the d squad with 20:51.
- Derek Dorsett had 17:31 of ice time. That has to be a season (career?) high for him. Increased responsibility looks good on him.