- Starters: A. Vermette-S. Pahlsson-D. Dorsett; M. Methot- J. Wisniewski; C. Sanford
– Scratches: A. Johnson, D. Brassard, S. Mason
– Breaking glass, already. The game hasn’t even started.
– There are not words for my dislike of the fourth line of Bass-MacKenzie-Boll. Useless, talentless waste of roster space.
– On the other hand, I do really like the Umberger-Letestu-Johansen line, and I really do not want to see Kristian Huselius take a dump on it.
– Jackets to the PP at 5:12. Spent too much time chasing the puck around their own zone to start. FSO says the Devils have the #1 PK, so this isn’t really conducive to anything good happening. Love the effort on the loose puck in the paint. Damn that Brodeur.
– Not even midway through the first, Johansen has 3 SOG.
– Dorse gets dumped onto the bench. Kind of hilarious. Dorse disagrees.
– Jackets to the PK. Little hot potato, but Sanford comes through with the agility.
– NICE one on one hipcheck by Marc Methot to throw the Devil out of the path of the goal.
– What a boring first period. Devils lead 11-9 in shots.
- Auuuuuuuuuuughhhhhhh! Vinny with a huge move and he couldn’t get it across to Nash, poked away by Brodeur.
– Devils score and there is a pile of
puppies Blue Jackets in front of the crease. 1-0, Devils. Sloppy defending by The Russians.
– Jackets to the PP as a mildly scary looking Devil goes off for boarding JBoll.
– Primo SH chance by NJ. What is going on, boys? Get it together. As I say that, Carter nearly misses on a laser.
– Dorse with a decent rush on Brodeur but it goes nowhere. They are not getting many good chances or making Brodeur work for it.
– Jackets to the PP again… buuuuut they’re just skating in circles again.
– And another PP as the period ends.
– Parise to the box; Devils are an undisciplined bunch. Jackets going back to the PP. Maybe they can get a few decent shots this t… oh, who am I kidding?
– Tie GAME! Jared … Boll … ?! Of course it’s under review, Toronto needs to decide if logic allows Jared Boll to score on Martin Brodeur or if the world may end. Good goal! Tie game.
– Almost immediately Carter rings one off the goal, had Brodeur beat. Pace picking up here? Let’s hope.
– Let’s take a penalty! No, let’s not, guys. C’mon, Methot. Clean it up, there’s a game to win here.
– Not sure what Sammy Pahlsson did to draw so much Devil ire. He is Sammy Pahlsson, you know.
– Jackets cough up a shorthanded chance but the PP got into place to break it up nicely.
– Little bit of a clusterfuck in front of Brodeur with ~7 to go. Nothing materializes.
– Jackets making Brodeur earn his paycheck in the third.
– The third line is BUZZING!
– Another day, another point. Jackets taking this one to OT.
- Forwards coasting on the first shift? Already?
– Moore getting an OT shift… had less than ten minutes TOI in regulation.
– Annnnd… to a shootout!
– Jackets will send Nash, Letestu, & Johansen.
– Kovalchuk: scores.
– Nash: miss. Not a good shot.
– Parise: scores easily, tricked Sanford way out.
– Letestu: miss. Game over.
– Devils 2, Jackets 1, F/SO.