Welcome, welcome. We’re three games in to the 2014-15 season and with a record of 2-1, things are going quite well in Central Ohio. It’s time to put the tallies on the first week of Awesome Things. Earning points this week are:
- Jack Skille: Because he is awesome. Officially, he’s only got one goal to his name (including the first of the season for the Jackets), but he’s had me on the edge of my seat (or jumping out of it) a few times already. For a guy whose career ATOI is probably under ten, he gets a lot of shit done in a short amount of time. Skille earned some kudos. +1 Awesome Thing for #10.
- Cam freakin’ Atkinson: What a start Cam is off to (in a contract year). After three games, he’s already got four points, including 3 goals. Cam is on pace to score 82 goals this year. Book it. It’s going to happen. (Okay fine, but thirty would be awesome.) +2 Awesome Things for Cam, because he has the game winning goal in both Columbus victories.
- The Children: Marko Dano & Alexander Wennberg, where did you come from? (Europe. What’s in the water there?) Neither one has looked like an overwhelmed, timid rookie. Dano has two points, Wennberg one. Dano already has a goal, and Wennberg is one of the top special teams guys already. He’s played all of three NHL games. +1 Awesome Thing for each.
- Nick Foligno: Because this. He looked at Jamie Benn and was like, “Imma cut you, bitch.” And then he did. He made Jamie Benn bleed his own blood. I live vicariously through Nick Foligno. +283,000 Awesome Things for #71. Just kidding, +1.
- Ryan Johansen: We don’t need no stinking training camp. Last year’s points leader spends training camp eating TimBits in Vancouver and shows up and has five points in three games. He has five points in three games, guys. He is on a 136 point pace. $3M is going to be a frickin’ steal when he has fourteen thousand points next season. +2 Awesome Things for Joey.
Check out the Boyfriend Standings here.