- With the addition of defenseman Marc Methot and head coach Scott Arniel (associate coach to Ken Hitchcock), the Blue Jackets could be well-represented by Team Canada at the World Championships. If Rick Nash (back) goes, they could have three. Goaltender Steve Mason was apparently also asked, but has chosen to rest. It was rumored that Kris Russell (ankle) had also been on the short list.
- Jakub Voracek is fat: okay, that’s not really what this says, but kind of. Jake Voracek, who only had a small drop-off in his offensive productivity over a year before, struggled through a painful slump at the end of the season, and it seems as though the kid has some kind of issue staying in shape. Really, Jake? You’re 21 years old. Get it together. There’s no excuse. Cut back on the potato chips, ding dogs, and Bud Light. We’d like you to be less of a lardo.
- The Word from the Birds: Springfield Falcons owner Charlie Pompea posted a letter on the Falcons’ site today addressing the unfortunate end to the Falcons season, and promised they’d work with the Jackets to “assure” change for next year. And this article from MassLive eludes to a general warm-fuzzy feeling out of Falcons camp when it comes to the Jackets. Big change from the years in Syracuse, and it’s good to see that there is a sense of optimism in Springfield, despite the trouble.
- From Ten Minute Misconduct - Playing Twister: Jeff Little is at it again with his excellent work. This time, he injected a nice slice of reality into the CBJosphere by spinning the tables on the choices that Scott Howson didn’t make (appropriately), but the Dispatch seems to have a love-affair with anyway.
- From Dark Blue Jacket – Out of Time: Look out, DBJ’s on a roster-clearing rampage in his season review!
Over the next few weeks – look for our season in review, player “awards” (hold your laughter), and a little playing with numbers!